About the MWTHA
The Michigan Wild Turkey Hunters Association is a nonprofit, tax-exempt organization. We are an all-volunteer organization that operates with annual dues paid by our members, fundraising events, corporate sponsorship, and donations.
To promote the wise conservation of and future success of the Wild Turkey of Michigan.
- To ensure the survival of Michigan’s wild turkeys through severe midwestern winters.
- To fund habitat projects in partnership with the U.S. Forest Service, and the Michigan Department of Natural Resources.
- To educate the public about the valuable contribution the eastern wild turkey has made in American history and the essential role it deserves in the future of the environment.
- To promote and enhance law enforcement efforts to reduce poaching of the wild turkey.
- To be an active participant in the management and enhancement of our vast state and federal lands which contain habitat suitable for the species.
- To fund research projects that will provide insight into the better management of the wild turkey.
- To continue to promote and secure quality hunting of the wild turkey.